Yesterday this blogger came across the following news article on yahoo. The URL follows with the article following and then this blogger’s remarks. Now let it be known that this blogger does not promote killing anyone but this story opens itself for certain observations.
“Federal agents in Washington state have arrested an armed man accused of making threats against President Obama.
U.S. Secret Service agents and local law enforcement officers descended on the suspect’s apartment complex in Federal Way, Wash., on Tuesday afternoon, sources said. The man, armed with at least two weapons, confronted the officers, who swiftly subdued him and took him into custody.
Secret Service Assistant Special Agent in Charge Bob Kierstead told local ABC News affiliate KOMO that suspicious items found in the man’s apartment -potential explosive devices – prompted a sweep of the entire complex by a bomb squad.
Obama, who was campaigning in Ohio at the time, did not appear to be in immediate danger.
“A threat against the president was delivered via email to a general FBI inbox,” said Cathy Schrock with the Federal Way Police. “The Secret Service went down to investigate and the defendant was found to be armed when they arrived at the apartment.”
The suspect, whose name has not been released, is currently in federal custody and will have an initial court appearance Wednesday afternoon, sources said.”
To this blogger it does seem a lot of cases involving guns have occurred in the last few weeks since the Colorado shootings and a few months before a Presidential election. Coincidence but now to the above article.
- How in the world was this “threat” “delivered via email to a general FBI inbox”? Do you know how to send an email to this inbox?
- Was this email sent by the person arrested? If it was how stupid is this person? Here I am come and get me!
- Is this just another case that will be used by the Occupier in the White House and others on the left to initiate another hot debate against the 2nd amendment?
4. Probably the most ludicrous statement made in the article is “Obama, who was campaigning in Ohio at the time, did not appear to be in immediate danger”.
- Now unless this man had a LONG RANGE gun it is not surprising that the occupier of the WH was not in “immediate danger”!
- It will be interesting to see what news appears if any in the next few weeks concerning this man who was arrested.
- According to the article “The man, armed with at least two weapons” was “swiftly subdued”. Was he a threat to them at the time for Washington State is an open carry state.
- According to http://www.washingtongunrights.com/ “Washington is an ‘open carry’ state for firearms. This means a person may carry a firearm in an exposed holster without any kind of permit unless there is something that makes it specifically illegal. (For example, carrying a weapon onto primary or secondary school grounds or other prohibited places, or carrying a weapon by most felons or anyone convicted of a domestic violence crime.) (2). Unlawful carrying (RCW 9.41.270) occurs when the person carries or displays a weapon ‘in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.’ This is something more than just walking around with an exposed firearm.”
Perhaps the arresting law authorities were upholding RCW 9.41.270 or is the 2nd Amendment being assaulted? Whatyareckon?