What did I expect when I sat down to watch the US Presidential Debate on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s (ABC) Channel 24? Yes, I should have known better than to begin watching 20 or so minutes before the debate as that gave me the agony of listening to the Hillary lovers ABC had gathered together so they could spew forth their distaste for The Donald. As I watched and listened for perhaps five minutes I muted the sound until the debate began. Tinitus is sometimes a blessing.
I didn’t continue to listen to the ABC commentary after the debate as I already knew what road they would take but an example of the ABC post commentary from the states is posted below.
Now, two days after the debate who does the ABC see as the winner? Why did I ask? “Mr Trump lost the debate — and he knows it — but it may not matter.” What else would anyone expect from our ABC? http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-28/trump-lost-the-presidential-debate-and-he-knows-it/7883826
However, the ABC’s take on the debate winner differs from other sources. For instance; “Of the 21 polls (including CNN’s) mentioned in the Daily Mail story, Trump won 17 of them, including:
- Time: Trump 58 percent, Clinton 42 percent
- CBS New York: Trump 24K votes, 17,600 votes
- San Diego Tribune: Trump 66 percent, Clinton 34 percent
- Slate: Trump 54 percent, Clinton 46 percent
- Variety: Trump 51 percent, Clinton 48 percent
- Fortune: Trump 51 percent, Clinton 49 percent
- CNBC: Trump 51 percent, Clinton 49 percent” http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Trump-Won-Debate-Snap/2016/09/27/id/750421/?ns_mail_uid=30193271&ns_mail_job=1689800_09272016&s=al&dkt_nbr=pdtyyfys
The ABC is so biased toward the left that I ask myself why I punish myself by watching it? One reason; no two reasons why I do are; I do not pay for cable television so I am limited somewhat on certain news sources and secondly the mute still works.
The first five or six minutes shows their bias but that’s the ABC!